Working with ACMs (Non-Licensed Work Refresher)
Max 15 persons duration ½ day – The Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012
The Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 include the requirement for training employees who work or disturb asbestos, referred to as non-licensable asbestos work or minor works. Persons requiring this type of training would include those whose work will knowingly disturb ACMs, such as plumbers, carpenters, electricians, maintenance and demolition workers;
Topics covered include: (Previous UKATA Non-Licensable Training in the last 12 months required)
- Asbestos Awareness (Previously obtained within the past 6 months)
- Emergency procedures (EM1)
- Use of a Class H Vacuum (EM4)
- Control measures used on site for dust suppression (EM5)
- Use and selection of the correct PPE and RPE (EM6)
- Cleaning down the work area (EM7)
- Decontamination (EM8)
- Correct waste handling on site (EM9)
- Practical Training, Use of PPE, Control Measures, Decontamination etc.
Course timings are as follows:
The course duration is ½ day, with the following course duration times:
08.30am – 12.00pm / 1.00pm – 4.30pm This course is also offered as an in-house option.
Please note you MUST have undertaken UKATA approved Non-Licensable Works with ACMs training in the previous 12 months.