The Temporary Works Supervisor course provides knowledge and understanding to those responsible for supervising temporary works on site. There are no previous qualifications required to take this course, however, the CITB stipulates that;
- The main aim of the course is to focus on the processes involved in temporary works, particularly the role of the TWS.
- This is not a temporary works technical awareness course, although there are elements of technical awareness signposted throughout and included in the course exercises.
- Attendance alone does not confer competency which comes from a combination of education, training and experience, as judged by an appropriate senior individual, most usually the designated individual (DI).
- Training is considered an essential element of TWS competence.
An overview of the Temporary Works Supervisor course
- An understanding of the relevant aspects of BS5975
- Risk management of temporary works
- The importance of the ‘4Cs’ communications, co-operation, co-ordination and competency
- Current legislation
- Case studies
How is the Temporary Works Supervisor course delivered?
Target Zero deliver the TWS course remotely and in classroom by request.
Attendance is required for the full day, with the exam on the same day. This is a 45-minute, open book exam. There are assessment exercises throughout the course. The exam consists of 22 questions with a pass mark of 78%. There are 19 multiple choice questions worth 1 mark and 3 free text questions worth 2 -3 marks.
The certificate lasts 5 years, before it need to be renewed. The CITB certificate takes 2 – 3 weeks and will be emailed to you.
Once you have booked online you will be emailed joining instructions, confirming the course details. Before booking, please note that you need to have adequate IT skills and a laptop or computer which has a working microphone and camera (not an iPad or mobile phone).
We ask you to complete an Initial Assessment via a link that is emailed to you. It is a CITB requirement that all delegates have a sufficient level and understanding of English to take the course.
You will receive an email with the Zoom link to the course at 6pm the evening before the course start date. Check your junk folder and if it has not been received by 8.15am, call us on 0333 444 0018. We recommend downloading Zoom before the course via Google Chrome.
We ask you to log on at 8am to ensure that you don’t have any problems connecting to Zoom. The course starts at 8.30am.
There will be a link in the joining instructions for you to complete the Delegate Information Form before attending the course which is a mandatory CITB requirement.
Confirmation of your result will be emailed shortly following the course completion.
The certificate will be emailed within 2 to 3 weeks after the course completion.
Training • Safety • Courses
Blending decades of combined industry experience with innovation, Target Zero Training was established by skilled construction professionals who are passionate about delivering comprehensive training solutions to businesses in the sector. Our health and safety awareness courses and tailored programmes contain engaging, up to date content and are designed for corporations of all sizes.