It is usually on site, allowing us to work in the real working environment, finding solutions to the problems that you would face daily. Also allows for systems to be put in place, leaving you with a safer environment.
To equip participants with the skills to undertake a health and safety risk assessment at their workplace.
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- State the main requirements of the H & S legislation covering risk assessments
- Identify hazards and risks in a given scenario
- Assess the likelihood of hazardous events occurring and the consequences if they do
- Complete a simple risk assessment form
- State methods of possible risk reduction
- State the hierarchy of risk control measures
- Feel confident to give task briefings
What you can expect from the course
- Roles and responsibilities
- Legal obligations
- Risk assessment process and techniques
- Risk control measures
Specific work or task areas, such as:
- Hazardous substances
- Work equipment
- Electricity at work
- Fire safety
- Manual Handling
- Movement of persons and vehicles
- Working at height
- Falls / Slips / Trips
- Dealing with contractors
- Display screen equipment
Who is the RAMS, tool box training course for?
This course is designed for anyone involved in a workplace, who is required to carry out or manage risk assessments required under The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999.