National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
The NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety is an essential qualification for anyone working in or wanting to work in health & safety, as well as those with health and safety responsibilities within their roles.
The NEBOSH Certificate is highly respected by employers in all sectors and is a vital first step for those wanting a long and successful career in HSE. The NEBOSH NGC is based on UK legislation and is the UK’s most popular health & safety qualification.
What is the basic qualification for NEBOSH?
There are three categories of NEBOSH qualification: Award, Certificate and Diploma. The Award level provides awareness and serves as an introduction to other NEBOSH qualifications. Certificate level qualifications are an excellent foundation for managers, supervisors and people at the start of their career in health and safety. The Diploma level qualification will demonstrate professional knowledge in the subject covered.
What is the NEBOSH certificate?
The NEBOSH certificate is the most widely held health and safety qualification in the UK; holding the qualification will provide the user with a broad understanding of key health and safety issues. The course can be taken online or in a class.
The courses will cover all the key legal requirements for health and safety in the UK, and identify workplace hazards. You do not require any previous health and safety knowledge to take part in these courses.
Benefits of achieving the NEBOSH National General Certificate:
- Boost your career prospects; NEBOSH Certificates are valued by employers globally.
- Entitled to Associate Membership of IOSH (AIOSH) and meets the academic requirements for Technical Membership (TechIOSH)
- Entitled to Associate Membership of the IIRSM (AIIRSM).
Target Zero is an accredited NEBOSH Course Provider offering the NEBOSH NGC throughout the world
- Classroom– 10-day course + exam – Available in Chelmsford, Hull & Peterborough
- Online– Around 130 hours of study + exams – available worldwide
- In-Company Training– available worldwide
Target Zero offer you more than any other NEBOSH provider:
- Over 90% of Target Zero students have successfully completed their NEBOSH National General Certificate
- 20 years’ experience in delivering health & safety training
- Choice of learning methods
- Above NEBOSH average exam pass rates
- Teaching and support from a team.
The NEBOSH National General Certificate is based on UK law. It is made up of three units which must be successfully completed within five years to achieve the NEBOSH National General Certificate qualification:
Unit NGC1: Management of Health and Safety
- Foundations in Health and Safety
Assessed by a two-hour written exam.
Unit GC2: Control of Workplace Hazards
- Workplace Hazards and Risk Control
- Transport Hazards and Risk Control
- Musculoskeletal Hazards and Risk Control
- Work Equipment Hazards and Risk Control
- Electrical Safety
- Fire Safety
- Chemical and Biological Health Hazards and Risk Control
- Physical and Psychological Health Hazards and Risk Control
Assessed by a two-hour written exam.
Unit GC3: Health and Safety Practical Application
Assessed by a two-hour work based practical assessment.
Is the NEBOSH Certificate right for me?
The certificate is aimed at those working in the health and safety industry, who want to develop a career within the safety management sector. The courses are suitable for managers, supervisors and operational staff from all functions – not just health and safety.
It’s the most requested qualification in the health and safety industry, as it provides a sound basis for further study. You will complete the qualification confident with the knowledge and practical skill set to provide a safe working environment at your place of work – not forgetting the reputational benefits it will bring to your organisation too.
Start your NEBOSH Certificate course today with Target Zero
Get in touch with us today to find out all you need to know about starting your NEBOSH Certificate course.
NEBOSH Certificate courses in Essex and Chelmsford
Suite D, 33 Robjohns Rd, Chelmsford, Essex CM1 3AG
NEBOSH Certificate courses in Peterborough
17 Litton House, Saville Road, Westwood, Peterborough, Cambridgeshire PE3 7PR
NEBOSH Certificate courses in Hull
Unit 1 Trackside Business Park, 261 Hawthorn Avenue Hull, East Yorkshire, HU3 5EN