National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
The NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety is an essential qualification for anyone working in or wanting to work in health & safety management. The NGC is required for over 90% of health and safety roles and is one of the most recognised health and safety qualifications in the world.
The NEBOSH NGC is highly respected by employers in all sectors and is a vital first step for those wanting a long and successful career in health and safety. Over 70% of NEBOSH holders do not work in health and safety specifically, such as:
- Operational Managers
- Public Sector
There are two types of the NEBOSH NGC: a national (UK) and international version (for those working outside of the UK), both of which are recognised worldwide including by professional memberships such as: AIOSH, TechIOSH and AIIRSM.
What does NEBOSH NGC cover?
The NEBOSH NGC is divided into two units: NG1 and NG2 which is a practical risk assessment.
1: Why we should manage workplace health and safety
2: How health and safety management systems work and what they look like
3: Managing risk – understanding people and processes
4: Health and safety monitoring and measuring
5: Physical and psychological health
6: Musculoskeletal health
7: Chemical and biological agents
8: General workplace issues
9: Work equipment
How is NEBOSH NGC assessed?
There are two assessments which must both be passed to achieve the NEBOSH NGC:
- Open-book online assessment assessing the knowledge gained in units 1 to 4
- Written practical risk assessment assignment to demonstrate skills covering units 5 to 11
Target Zero Training is an accredited NEBOSH Learning Partner
- Classroom– 10-day course + exam – Available in Chelmsford & Peterborough, other venues upon request
- Online– Around 130 hours of study + exams – available worldwide
Target Zero offer you more than any other NEBOSH provider:
- Over 90% of Target Zero students have successfully completed their NEBOSH National General Certificate
- 20 years’ experience in delivering health & safety training
- Above NEBOSH average exam pass rates
- Great teaching and support from our team