13 day course + exam (classroom)
106 hours in total, 36 hours for NGC1, 68 hours for NCC1, 2 hours of tuition for NCC2
Plus 58 hours of private study and background reading
For people working in or wanting to work in safety & health, as well as those with health and safety responsibilities within their roles within the construction industry.
The NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety is an essential qualification for anyone working in or wanting to work in health & safety, as well as those with health and safety responsibilities within their roles, within the construction industry. The NEBOSH Certificate is highly respected by employers in all sectors and is a vital first step for those wanting a long and successful career in HSE. The NEBOSH NCC is based on UK legislation and is the UK’s most popular health & safety qualification.
What is the basic qualification for NEBOSH?
There are three categories of NEBOSH qualification: Award, Certificate and Diploma. The Award level provides awareness and serves as an introduction to other NEBOSH qualifications. Certificate level qualifications are an excellent foundation for managers, supervisors and people at the start of their career in health and safety. The Diploma level qualification will demonstrate professional knowledge in the subject covered.
What is the NEBOSH certificate?
The NEBOSH certificate is the most widely held health and safety qualification in the UK; holding the qualification will provide the user with a broad understanding of key health and safety issues. The course can be taken online or in a class. The courses will cover all the key legal requirements for health and safety in the UK and identify workplace hazards. You do not require any previous health and safety knowledge to take part in these courses.
Benefits of achieving the NEBOSH National General Certificate:
- Boost your career prospects; NEBOSH Certificates are valued by employers globally.
- Entitled to Associate Membership of IOSH (AIOSH) and meets the academic requirements for Technical Membership (TechIOSH)
- Entitled to Associate Membership of the IIRSM (AIIRSM).
Target Zero offer you more than any other NEBOSH provider:
- Over 90% of Target Zero students have successfully completed their NEBOSH National Construction Certificate
- 20 years’ experience in delivering health & safety training
- Teaching and support from a
The NEBOSH National Construction Certificate is based on UK law. It is made up of three units which must be successfully completed within five years to achieve the NEBOSH National Construction Certificate qualification:
Unit NGC1: Management of Health and Safety
- Foundations in Health and Safety
Assessed by a two-hour written exam.
Unit NCC1: Managing and Controlling Hazards in Construction Activities (8 days)
- Construction Law and Management
- Construction Site – Hazards and Risk Control
- Vehicle and Plant Movement – Hazards and Risk Control
- Musculoskeletal Hazards and Risk Control
- Work Equipment – Hazards and Risk Control
- Electrical Safety
- Fire Safety
- Chemical and Biological Health – Hazards and Risk Control
- Physical and Psychological Health – Hazards and Risk Control
- Working at Height – Hazards and Risk Control
- Excavation Work and Confined Spaces – Hazards and Risk Control
- Demolition and Deconstruction – Hazards and Risk Control
Assessed by a two-hour written exam.
Unit CC2: Health and Safety Practical Application
Assessed by a two-hour work based practical assessment.
Is the NEBOSH Certificate right for me?
The certificate is aimed at those working in the construction industry, who want to develop a career within the safety management sector. The courses are suitable for managers, supervisors and operational staff from all functions – not just health and safety. It’s the most requested qualification in the health and safety industry, as it provides a sound basis for further study. You will complete the qualification confident with the knowledge and practical skill set to provide a safe working environment at your place of work – not forgetting the reputational benefits it will bring to your organisation too.
Boost your career prospects NOW!
NEBOSH Certificates are valued by employers globally and the qualification NEVER expires!
This qualification also allows you direct access to:
- Associate Membership of IOSH (AIOSH) and meets the academic requirements for Technical Membership (TechIOSH)
- Associate Membership of the IIRSM (AIIRSM)
- Counts as a significant contribution towards the points required for the Registered Membership of the Association for Project Safety (APS) and satisfies the requirements for associate Membership of APS