AIMED AT: Managers responsible for health and safety, SHEQ managers, property and facilities managers and Principal Contractors or Designers.
There are no formal entry requirements in terms of qualifications, however, you must be working in the role. Click on the link below to complete the Skill Scan and provide photographic ID.
UNITS: To achieve the Level 6 NVQ Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety, there are 10 mandatory units. Assessment can be conducted remotely to minimise time away from your workplace.
- The assessor will support you in gathering evidence for your portfolio
- Evidence includes a Witness Testimony and relevant site and H&S documentation
- Completion in 8 – 12 weeks, providing you have the time
- Write or record answers to knowledge units via a discussion
- Your CITB recognised certificate will be emailed to you upon completion and you can apply for your Black Managers CSCS card. Before applying for your card, ensure that your Health, Safety and Environment Test is up to date, you can book here: Pearson VUE – CITB link
Benefits of completing the Level 6 NVQ Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety
- Comparable to a degree in construction management
- Demonstrates commitment to personal and professional development
- Increased income potentialbusiness enhancement for potential employers
- Demonstrates knowledge and competence to an industry standard
- Access to the Black Managers CSCS card
UNIT SPECIFICATION: General Pathway
D/616/9536 Promote a positive H&S culture
F/616/9531 Develop and implement the H&S policy
J/616/9532 Develop and implement effective communication systems in H&S
R/616/9534 Develop and maintain individual and organisational H&S competence
Y/616/9535 Identify, assess and control H&S risks
H/616/9537 Develop and implement proactive monitoring systems for H&S
K/616/9538 Develop and implement reactive monitoring systems for H&S
M/616/9539 Develop and implement H&S emergency response systems
H/616/9540 Develop and implement H&S review systems
K/616/9541 Maintain knowledge of improvements to influence H&S
Training • Safety • Courses
Blending decades of combined industry experience with innovation, Target Zero Training was established by skilled construction professionals who are passionate about delivering comprehensive training solutions to businesses in the sector. Our health and safety awareness courses and tailored programmes contain engaging, up to date content and are designed for corporations of all sizes.