MHFA ENGLAND ONLINE 2 DAYS 18TH AUGUST
What to expect:
This MHFA course will teach you how to listen, reassure and respond and potentially how to stop a crisis from occurring.
You will learn how to recognise the warning signs of mental ill health and develop the necessary skills and confidence to approach and support. In addition, you will address the stigma of mental ill health and an understanding of mindfulness.
The course is conducted via remote learning, you will need access to a laptop or computer.
What is covered:
MHFA is an internationally recognised and accredited training course delivered by The Counselling Hub team of qualified MHFA Instructors. We provide you with the knowledge, skills and understanding to identify symptoms and support yourself and others experiencing mental health problems.
The two-day course is split over four sessions. You will learn about, discuss and interact in groups and individual activities to cover the following:
- Why Mental Health First Aid?
- The Mental Health First Aid action plan
- What is mental health?
- Impact of mental health issues
- Stigma and discrimination
- What is depression?
- Symptoms of depression
- Risk factors for depression
- Suicide figures
- Alcohol, drugs and mental health
- First aid for suicidal crisis
- Non-judgemental listening skills
- First aid for depression
- Treatment and resources for depression
- What is an anxiety disorder?
- First aid for anxiety disorders
- Crisis first aid after a traumatic event
- Alcohol, drugs and anxiety disorders
- Treatment and resources for anxiety disorders
- Cognitive distortions and CBT
- Personality disorders
- Eating disorders
- What is psychosis?
- Risk factors for psychosis
- Alcohol, drugs and psychosis
- Bipolar disorder
- Warning signs of developing psychosis
- Crisis first aid for acute psychosis
- Treatment and resources for psychosis
- Recovery and building resources
- Action planning for using MHFA
You will learn how to:
- Recognise symptoms of mental health problems
- Provide initial help and support
- Support someone in a crisis situation
- Help prevent someone from hurting themselves and others
- Help prevent a mental health problem getting worse
- Signpost a person towards appropriate professional help
What we provide:
We provide all training materials, including the MHFA England manual and workbook. Upon completion of the course, we will issue you with a MHFA England certificate.