HSA 08-SEPTEMBER-2018 PETERBOROUGH
The CITB Site Safety Plus – a one day health and safety awareness course – is for those who have little to no practical working experience within the construction industry. This course is designed to provide construction workers and civil engineers with a greater understanding of the potential hazards they face in their day to day role.
What to expect from this CITB course
During this hands-on CITB Site Safety Plus health and safety awareness course, candidates will spend one full day taking a closer look at various issues affecting construction workers, including health and safety requirements, welfare and environmental issues. They will learn more about their individual responsibilities, along with their employers’ duties and the processes that need to be followed if they believe that anyone’s safety is being compromised in the workplace.
Candidates will come away with a greater understanding of:
- Why they are carrying out their identified duties
- What is expected of them
- What they need to do to contribute to the overall safety of the workplace
At the end of the one day health and safety awareness course, delegates will be able to:
- Understand the need to prevent accidents
- Have an understanding of health and safety law
- Identify how their role fits into the control and management of the site
- Understand the need for risk assessments and method statements
- Appreciate the need to perform safely and to stop and ask for advice if not sure
- Feel obliged to report unsafe acts to prevent an accident
Assessment & examination
Candidates will need to complete a multiple choice exam at the end of the CITB course. They will also need to engage and interact with others throughout the day.
Further studying and progression
Once candidates have successfully passed this one day health and safety awareness training course, the next step would be to enrol on a SSSTS programme, which takes place over the course of two days. Those who have progressed to a more senior level will then be advised to attend the five day SMSTS training course.
- This event has passed.